Getchyer motors runnin’ folks, cuz we’re going to India!
Next February, I’ll be leading an amazing uncommon voyage to India next year with one of my beloved teachers, Patti Hammerle. We’ve put together an amazing, life-transforming itinerary. Won’t you join us?
Here’s the skinny:
Black Bee LLC and Phyzz Yoga Present…Purusha: An Uncommon Voyage to India
In Sanskrit, Purusha literally means “dweller in the city, ” referring to the spiritual Self that resides in the “city” of the body; the eternal, omnipresent, indestructible, unchanging entity that is the essence of everything in the universe. Join us as we explore the rich, wonderful, chaotic, historical, and spiritual “bodies”of India with heightened senses and open hearts.
Our guide is Patricia Hammerle, fluent in Hindi, veteran traveler and lover of India. Patti has done graduate work in both Hindi and Sanskrit at the University of Washington, and currently teaches both privately and at the Seattle Language Academy.
We will see the country by plane, train, and automobile – traveling as locals do. Simple and deluxe accommodations.
Feb 16 – Mar 7, 2012*
*Program begins in New Delhi late evening on the 16th; plan to leave Seattle on the 15th. Accommodations include the night of March 7th.
- Mount Arunachala: believed by locals to represent the whole world; circumambulation brings liberation of the soul; Ramana Maharishi ashram
- Chidambaram: One of the 5 holiest Shiva temples in India, where prayers continue to be conducted since their inception their thousands of years ago
- Pondicherry: The French Riviera of the East, Sri Aurobindo ashram
- Varanasi: city of Shiva, also known as Kashi, a center of pilgrimage and sacred ritual; ghats and boat ride along the sacred Ganges River, experience the ancient ritual of Aarti Puja
- Delhi: the teeming capitol, music, temples, Sikh Gurudwara chant, Sufi Qawwali, Old Delhi
Registration and Payment
- Cost: 3,150
- Deposit: $300 ($150 non-refundable) to register. Remainder due in full by December, or over 3 payments in September, November, and January.
- Limited availability. Email firstname.lastname@example.org to register, or for more information.
- All in-country travel (Seattle to India airfare not included in the trip cost)
- All accommodations
- All classes and group activities (hiking, temple fees, yoga, meditation, chanting, etc. as available)
- 2 meals daily
To prepare for the trip, basic Hindi classes with Patti are available, price dependent upon group interest. Please indicate interest when registering.